Widow”— Chapter Fifty-Five
FIXING THE PROBLEM — Working in publishing is not what Jane (Gina Rodriguez) thought it would be, until she learns about a showcase for up and coming writers. With Petra (Yael Grobglas) helming the Marbella, she decides to rebrand the hotel, but quickly butts heads with the rival hotel next door. Rogelio (Jaime Camil) and Darci (guest star Justina Machado) have made a new arrangement which has put a strain on his relationship with Xo (Andrea Navedo). Meanwhile, Jane and Rafael (Justin Baldoni) try to figure out the best solution to Mateo's behavioral issues and they both seem to have different approaches.
- Gina Rodriguez as Jane Villanueva
- Andrea Navedo as Xiomara De La Vega
- Yael Grobglas as Petra
- Justin Baldoni as Rafael Solano
- Ivonne Coll as Alba Villanueva
- Elias Janssen as Mateo Solano Villanueva
- and Jaime Camil as Rogelio De La Vega
- Ricardo Chavira as Bruce
- Mia Allan as Anna
- Ella Allan as Ellie
- Minka Kelly as Abbey Whitman
- Melanie Mayron as Professor Marlene Donaldson
- Maya Kazan as Chloe Leland
- Devin Crittenden as Swashbuckling Shawn
- “This country needs a latino president and you're just the man to play one on TV!”
- —Imaginary Rogelio
- “Que hija tam fuerte criaste”
- —Alba to Xo at Jane's reading
- Jane – I'm sorry. I didn't ask for your help with Mateo because... well, it made me feel like I failed him as a parent. Like I let my sadness get in the way and that's why he's acting out
- Petra – Yeah no kidding. And I've been waiting to tell you that's just completely ridiculous. Look, I don't know how you did it but you have been an incredible mother. And I know — I've seen you once a week for the past two years
- “I told you, you got this”
- —Imaginary Michael to Jane
- It's now 2020.
- Jane works for Chloe Leland, who is the boss from hell; she changed her thesis novel from writing about Alba's family to writing a romance novel about her and Michael (with a happy ever after)
- Alba and Jane live together in the Villanueva residence
- Xo and Bruce live together.
- Rogelio and Darci broke up, but still work together
- Mateo is an unruly kid
- Petra has revamped The Marbella into a family destination pirate-themed experience and is sleeeping with the neighbouring competition
- The twins are constantly rewarded for their good behaviour and kindness
- Rafael went to prison and came out a more Zen self, although Jane teases him when he teeters on the brink of jumping back in to The Marbella. He and Jane are best friends.
- New characters introduced:
- Chuck Jesser – the owner of the neighbouring Fairwick Hotel (where Mutter stashed two million)
- Abbey Whitman – owner of Whitman Greeting Card Company and Rafael's girlfriend for over a year.
- Jane gets a reading slot and a publisher offers to buy her book.
- Jane changed her book about Alba's family to the love story of her and Michael — with an HEA (happily ever after) — entitled Snow Falling
- Xiomara still has feelings for Rogelio
- Scott was killed and buried on the beach at The Marbella!
|1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11|
12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22
|23 24 25 26 27 28 29|
30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
38 39 40 41 42 43 44
|45 46 47 48 49 50 51|
52 53 54 55 56 57 58
59 60 61 62 63 64
|65 66 67 68 69 70|
71 72 73 74 75 76
77 78 79 80 81