|Air date|| 28 November 2016 (Television)|
29 November 2016 (The CW App)
|Written by|| Sarah Goldfinger|
|Directed by||Gina Lamar|
MOVING FORWARD – When Alba (Ivonne Coll) makes Jane (Gina Rodriguez) feel guilty for not attending church, Jane decides she wants to bring Mateo against Rafael's (Justin Baldoni) wishes. Rafael unlocks a long lost memory of him and his mother, which could be a clue in the Mutter case. Rogelio (Jamie Camil) hires a matchmaker to help him get over Xo (Andrea Navedo.) Meanwhile, Jane's cousin is starting to wear out her welcome.
- Gina Rodriguez as Jane Villanueva Cordero
- Andrea Navedo as Xiomara Villanueva
- Justin Baldoni as Rafael Solano
- Ivonne Coll as Alba Villanueva
- Brett Dier as Michael Cordero
- Jaime Camil as Rogelio De La Vega
- Baby Adam as Mateo Solano Villanueva
- and Anthony Mendez as The Narrator
Special Guest Stars
- Carmen Electra as Herself
- Denise Richards as Herself
- Brooke Burke-Charvet as Herself
- Irene DeBari as Mother Constantine
- Francesca Santoro as Young Elena
- The episode title Jane
The VirginThe Guilty Catholic
- The episode is Hitchcock-themed
- Rafael has a flashback/memory of him at church as a child with Elena Di Nola. It turns out to be a convent.
- Rafael has only been to church 2 times
- Rafael finds out that he's was not born in America, but in Italy and that Elena and Emilio are not his biological parents
- Emilio struck a deal with a nun for her to steal valuable art from a convent in Italy in exchange for money that she would give to orphans.
- Elena found out about this and paid off the same nun never to reveal to Rafael that he is not the son of Elena and Emilio
- Rogelio decides to father a child with Darcy Factor.
- Xiomara finally tells Jane that she knew that Bruce was married when they got together originally.
- Jane realises that she hasn't been to church because Michael got shot.
- Rafael tells Jane about his real birth certificate.
- This is the second episode of Jane the Virgin not to feature Yael Grobglas.