“I'm an adult, it's 2015 and I'm not ready to admit that I wanna be with a woman”— Rose to Luisa
|Air date||January 19th, 2015|
|Written by||Meredith Averill & Christopher Oscar Peña|
|Directed by||Elodie Keene|
WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS — As a hurricane rips through Miami, Jane (Gina Rodriguez) is forced to stay at the Marbella, but the storm soon becomes the least of her concerns. When Rogelio (Jaime Camil) hears about Alba’s (Ivonne Coll) condition, he rushes to Xo’s (Andrea Navedo) side at the hospital to comfort her. Rafael (Justin Baldoni) is reinstated as boss, but he is soon faced with a difficult decision regarding layoffs at the hotel. Meanwhile, Michael (Brett Dier) helps Alba, but does his best to keep it a secret.
|After being pushed down a flight of stairs by Magda, Alba has survived, but is unconscious and hospitalized. Jane tries to pray for her recovery, but is unable to find Alba's rosary. She surmises it must be at the hotel, and sets out to find it.
Rafael's father travels outside the country for business and reluctantly leaves Rafael in charge, with the stipulation that he must lay off fifteen percent of the staff. Rafael goes to his office but finds Petra, who demands her settlement from their pre-nup. However, as Petra did not sign with her legal name, Rafael refuses and she angrily leaves.
Meanwhile, Jane’s coworker Regina has found Alba’s rosary and returns it to Jane. Jane tries to return to the hospital, but a hurricane forming outside worries Rafael, who forbids her from leaving. Jane stays with her coworkers, where they confront her about Rafael's layofffs.
Michael and Nadine investigate the tunnels in the hotel leading them to a surgical room attached to the hotel’s medical recovery suite. All five patients in it have been relocated elsewhere, and Michael takes is as proof of Rafael's connection to Sin Rostro. He returns to the hotel and confronts Rafael, who denies knowing about the tunnels.
Xo, who has been watching Alba, is informed by the hospital staff that since Alba is an undocumented immigrant, she will be deported as soon as the storm lifts. She is devastated and allows herself to be comforted by Rogelio, who arrives at the hospital.
Jane, after reading the list of layoffs, finds her friend Frankie's name, and Frankie convinces her to ask Rafael to reconsider. As she returns to the office, Michael, who has been following her, confronts her in the elevator. They argue briefly before the elevator stops, trapping them inside. They discuss their worries briefly and embrace just as the elevator begins working again, and the Rafael sees them.
Alba wakes up, but is unable to remember any of her attempted assassination, and she is no longer going to be deported due to Michael's influence in the police department.
Jane. guilty about the layoffs, talks to Rafael, who admits her job was guaranteed by their relationship as opposed to her quality as a worker. He also reveals that he moved the passports in the safe after finding out about Michael's involvement.
Petra sells her jewelry to finance a small one-bedroom apartment for herself and Magda. Ivan frees himself, cutting his ropes with a shard of glass, but flees after Petra pulls a gun.
Rose, determined to find out her husband's whereabouts, visits Luisa in a mental hospital. She seduces her, discovering her husband's location and leaves, giving Luisa picks to escape. Rose informs Rafael about his father's trip to Croatia, and he appears confused.
The episode ends with Michael realising his persisting love for Jane and shares his revelation with Xiomara.
- Gina Rodriguez as Jane Villanueva
- Andrea Navedo as Xiomara Villanueva
- Yael Grobglas as Petra
- Justin Baldoni as Rafael Solano
- Ivonne Coll as Alba Villanueva
- Brett Dier as Michael Cordero
- and Jaime Camil as Rogelio De La Vega
- Yara Martinez as Luisa Alver
- Bridget Regan as Rose
- Carlo Rota as Emilio Solano
- Diane Guerrero as Lina Santillan
- Azie Tesfai as Nadine Hanson
- Priscilla Barnes as Magda
- Jenna Ortega as Young Jane
- Brian Dare as Luca
- Christopher Corbin as Ivan
- Camille Collard as Frankie
- Greg Collins as Lieutenant Armstrong
- Tammy Kaplan as Betty
- Layla Alizada as Regina Johnson
- “Here's the thing about the pre-nup. Petra Andel signed it. You're not Petra Andel”
- “Jane – What was that all about?
Rafael – That was your ex-fiancé trying to make me look bad”
- —Michael's vendetta
- “Please Jane, I need this job. I drink for free and it's close to my gym”
- “Please don't let Michael get between us”
- —Rafael to Jane
- “We belong together. And I'll never stop believing that”
- —Michael to Xo
- “And for as long as Michael lived, until he drew his very last breath, he never did”
- —The Narrator
- Jane and Lina fight over the layoffs.
- Frankie, Lina and Luca are sort of all implying that Jane is in a different societal class now, creating a divide between Jane and her friends.
- Jane originally got Frankie her job at The Marbella.
- Emilio is acting suspiciously. He's going to Prague.
- Emilio is planning to go away with Rose the following week
- Rafael is a suspect in the Sin Rostro case.
- Alba is in the hospital but will recover.
- The Marbella is firing people.
- Rose visits Luisa in the mental hospital.
- Luisa and Rose sleep together again.
- The hospital wants to deport Alba to Venezuela.
- Xiomara and Jane speak only Spanish together for the first time, so the security wouldn't understand them.
- Ivan escapes amidst the chaos of the hurricane.
- Michael remembers a story that Jane told him.
- Luisa's maternal grandmother was named Alegria
- Emilio has a house in Croatia – named Alegria
- I'll need 5 million for Alegria – the house?
- Filming started on October 13, 2014