“The best thing you can do for those girls, is to give them away”— Magda echoing in Petra's mind
|Air date||28 March 2016|
|Written by||Micah Schraft|
|Directed by||Georgina Garcia Reidel|
WEDDING PLANS — Jane (Gina Rodriguez) and Michael's (Brett Dier) wedding plans are side tracked when the Villanueva house is ruined by a flood. Jane is looking to have a small wedding, but Rogelio (Jaime Camil) wants nothing more than to throw Jane a big blow out wedding so he can invite all his celebrity friends including guest star Charo. Jane and Michael are also looking for the perfect home to move into and when they find a place 45 minutes away, Rafael (Justin Baldoni) has an issue being that far from Mateo. Petra (Yael Grobglas) is still having trouble adjusting to motherhood.
- Gina Rodriguez as Jane Villanueva
- Andrea Navedo as Xiomara Villanueva
- Yael Grobglas as Petra
- Justin Baldoni as Rafael Solano
- Ivonne Coll as Alba Villanueva
- Brett Dier as Michael Cordero
- Jaime Camil as Rogelio De La Vega
- and Anthony Mendez as The Narrator
Special Guest Star
- Charo as Charo
- Mat Vairo as Derek Ruvelle
- Angie Cepeda as Ariana Chavando
- Rosie Garcia as Young Alba
- Dennis Mencia as Mateo Villanueva
- Marcelo Tubert as Pablo Alonso Segura
- The episode is framed as a biblical tale with
- A flood – the Villanueva house
- Anger of God – Alba's rage against Pablo.
- Petra going to bat for Jane
- An exodus – Petra's exit?
- Petra might be suffering from postpartum depression.
- Pablo asks Alba to marry her, then cheats on her and Alba curses him back to Venezuela.
- The Villanueva home is undergoing renovations, following water damage.
- Rogelio builds a Villanueva house set for Jane and Michael's wedding, in lieu of the actual house.
- Magda tells Petra that she is unfit to be a mother.
- Rogelio steps up as a family member and works with Xiomara to plan Jane's wedding.
- Ariana Chavando asks Rogelio out... or, home, for sex.
- Rafael and Michael continue to work together finding out what Derek knows about Mutter.
- A bug has been installed in Rafael's penthouse suite for the purpose
- Jane agrees to let Rogelio pay for the wedding and invite as many people as he wants.
- This is the second time Petra has been rendered in the image of Jesus Christ on the show.
- Jane's imagination is still alive and well:
- She hears the fireplace ornament speak and cough in the asbestos-infected house
- She hears a snarky parrot wallpaper talking in the 'perfect' house 45 min. away from Rafael.
- And finally, the doorknob brags at the real perfect house that Michael and Jane get.
- Petra actually buys the house for Jane and Michael, after chewing out Rafael on Jane's behalf.