“I'm not a second class citizen. But I'm not a second choice either”— Petra to Rafael
|Air date||29 February 2016|
|Written by||Chantelle M. Wells|
|Directed by||Melanie Mayron|
COUPLES – Jane (Gina Rodriguez) and Michael (Brett Dier) are back together - almost! Jane attempts to get Rafael (Justin Baldoni) and Michael to reconcile, but it doesn't go well. While Rafael is sulking over losing Jane, he is ignoring Petra (Yael Grobglas) and her pregnancy needs.
Xo (Andrea Navedo) and Rogelio (Jaime Camil) have broken up over the baby issue, but they are still acting like a couple, something Jane sees as a problem. Rogelio hires a new assistant, Paolo (guest star Ana De la Reguera), who appears too good to be true.
- Gina Rodriguez as Jane Villanueva
- Andrea Navedo as Xiomara Villanueva
- Yael Grobglas as Petra Solano
- Justin Baldoni as Rafael Solano
- Ivonne Coll as Alba Villanueva
- Brett Dier as Michael Cordero
- Jaime Camil as Rogelio De La Vega
- and Anthony Mendez as The Narrator
- Yara Martinez as Luisa Alver
- Diane Guerrero as Lina
- Brian Dare as Luca
- Wes Armstrong as Scott Archuletta
- Megan Ketch as Susanna Barnett
- Ana De la Reguera as Paola/Lola
- And that's when he heard the scariest words of all:
- Lola: I've never met J.Lo.
- I don't love anybody else
- – Jane to Rafael about Michael
- Luisa falls off the wagon due to Rose's death.
- Susanna tells Luisa to go back to rehab.
- Jane starts working at The Marbella again.
- Rafael tries to lick his wounds with Petra, but she rejects him saying she's not a second choice.
- Michael offers to quit his job.
- Rafael tells Jane he'll try to make it work with Michael in their lives.
- Rafael tells Petra he missed the 24-7 baby care with Mateo.
- Rogelio tells Jane he needs a break from her and that he feels she chooses Xo over him.
- Rafael goes home with some random woman he meets at the Marbella bar.
- A lot of similarities are drawn between Rogelio and Rafael.
- Paola is really Lola, Rogelio's prison pen-pal in 2006
- The Narrator says that Jane is 24 years, 8 months old, 17 days old which would make her 25th birthday around June 14th. However, in the flashback to June 12 (the anniversary of the death of Alba's husband, Mateo Villanueva), The Narrator states that Jane is 14 months old, making her birthday around April 12.
- Likewise, Xiomara is said to be newly 18, making her birthday late May/early June 1974, meaning she's turning 42 this year. However, Xo has just celebrated her 40th birthday on the show? Much confusion.
Notes and references