“I don't want your apology, Mom. I want you to grow up.”— Jane to Xiomara
|Air date||11 April 2016|
|Written by||Carolina Rivera|
|Directed by||Matthew Diamond|
THE BACHELOR & THE BACHELORETTE – Jane (Gina Rodriguez) has a specific idea of how she wants to celebrate her bachelorette party, but when Xo (Andrea Navedo) and Lina (guest star Diane Guerrero) get involved, nothing goes as planned. Michael wants to enjoy a night out with his friends, but things get awkward when his future father-in-law, Rogelio (Jaime Camil), tries to plan the perfect bachelor party. Rafael (Justin Baldoni) is still trying to figure out what his half-brother Derek (guest star Mat Vairo) motives are and what he knows about their mother. Meanwhile, Petra (Yael Grobglas) gets the surprise of a lifetime.
- Gina Rodriguez as Jane Villanueva
- Andrea Navedo as Xiomara Villanueva
- Yael Grobglas as Petra
- Justin Baldoni as Rafael Solano
- Ivonne Coll as Alba Villanueva
- Brett Dier as Michael Cordero
- and Jaime Camil as Rogelio De La Vega
- Oliver Vaquer as Professor Blake
- Charlene Yi as Angela
- Will Brandt as Chad
- Maxwell Loeb as Vince
- “And I've had it with all the excuses and the apologies. At this point, you are just a cautionary tale”
- —Jane to her mother
- Jane admits to Michael that she only feels safe to let go when he's around.
- Lina realises that her life is not what she wants; she wants to become a stylist
- Xo sleeps with with Lina's casual liaison, Chad.
- Jane is fed up with her mom's repetitive bad choices and excuses
- Rogelio realises there's two aspects to his relationship with Michael; friend and father-in-law
- Rafael hires a company to illegally check Derek's boat.
- Rafael buys stock in a company that Derek's friend Brandon had inside-info on.
- Petra has a twin sister!!!
- This could be one of the secrets that Ivan threatened Magda that he could reveal to Petra
- Why Ivan would know Petra's sister is another question.