|Air date||25 January 2016|
|Written by|| Emmylou Diaz|
|Directed by||Uta Briesewitz|
MOTHERS AND SONS – Jane struggles with sleep deprivation while trying to sleep train Mateo and her glam-ma Liliana visits with a surprising announcement, which affects Rogelio. Petra's struggling with how to handle possible imprisonment for her mother's crime and is helped by Rafael, while Michael and Susanna get closer to uncovering the mystery of what happened to Luisa's mother.
- Gina Rodriguez as Jane Villanueva
- Andrea Navedo as Xiomara Villanueva
- Yael Grobglas as Petra Solano
- Justin Baldoni as Rafael Solano
- Ivonne Coll as Alba Villanueva
- Brett Dier as Michael Cordero
- Jaime Camil as Rogelio De La Vega
- and Anthony Mendez as The Narrator
- Yara Martinez as Luisa Alver
- Priscilla Barnes as Magda
- Brian Dare as Luca
- Megan Ketch as Susanna Barnett
- Fabiana Udenio as Elena Di Nola
- Lillianna Valenzuela as Little Jane
- Oliver Vaquer as Professor Blake
- Rita Moreno as Liliana De La Vega
- Castulo Guerra as Manuel De La Vega
- Erinn Westbrook as Natalie Tanner
- Chad James Buchanan as McBaskets
- John Salley as John
- Lee Reherman as Lee
- “I am a survivor, Petra. And I raised you to be one too”
- “Methinks a plan is afoot”
- —The Narrator
- “Besides, she can't possibly be as bad as my mom”
- —Petra to Rafael on his mother
- “Which means you falsified evidence. I'm hoping murder charges will follow”
- —Petra to Magda
- Magda – Wrong choice
- The Narrator – It should be noted that these words will come back to haunt Petra
- Jane meets her paternal grandfather Manuel, for the first time
- Michael has a girlfriend – Natalie Tanner.
- Jane deletes Michael from her Facebook.
- Rafael has told Petra about seeing his mother.
- Petra gets her mother arrested for falsifying evidence.
- The charges against Petra are dropped.
- Rafael comforts her.
- Luisa kisses Susanna
- Petra encourages Rafael to talk to his mother again.
- Rafael's mother is Mutter!!!!
- Rose doesn't have the flash drive they exchanged for Mateo.
- Mutter tells Rafael the above, so possibly she has fought/attacked Rose?
- Liliana has known that Manuel is gay for 40 years.
- Luisa's mother stayed hidden, living a solitary life and died in 2007.
- While conversing with her grandmother, Liliana, the door behind Jane is closed. The camera shifts to Liliana then back to Jane and the door is open again. The scene ends with the door closed.