|Air date||21 March 2016|
|Written by||Sarah Goldfinger|
|Directed by||Melanie Mayron|
NEW BEGINNINGS – Rafael (Justin Baldoni) and Petra (Yael Grobglas) are new parents but Petra is already back to work and appears to be not interested in motherhood. Xo (Andrea Navedo) has invited Alba's (Ivonne Coll) old flame Pablo (guest star Marcelo Tubert) to visit. This does not sit well with Alba as she believes Pablo is cursed and will bring bad luck. Jane (Gina Rodriguez) is growing concerned that she can't get in touch with her father, Rogelio (Jaime Camil), who is being held captive by Lola (guest star Ana De la Reguera).
- Gina Rodriguez as Jane Villanueva
- Andrea Navedo as Xiomara Villanueva
- Yael Grobglas as Petra Solano
- Justin Baldoni as Rafael Solano
- Ivonne Coll as Alba Villanueva
- Brett Dier as Michael Cordero
- Jaime Camil as Rogelio De La Vega
- and Anthony Mendez as The Narrator
- Marcelo Tubert as Pablo Alonso Segura
- Daniel Roebuck as Michael Cordero Sr.
- Molly Hagan as Patricia Cordero
- Angie Cepeda as Adriana Chavando
- Ana De la Reguera as Paola/Lola
- Lola was gonna kill herself and Rogelio in a murder-suicide.
- Jane is there for her father.
- Billy didn't come to the engagement party.
- Lina wasn't seen at the engagement party, could be because Jane wasn't there and so the audience didn't see much of the party.
- Derek's father died, unspecified when.
- Michael's parents are divorced.
- Michael Sr. cheated on his wife.
- Patricia, Michael's mother, is in a book club.
- Rafael seems to be getting along better with Jane, and also with Michael.
- 9-year-old Jane is seen distraught over the illegality of the 2000 U.S. election, heralded by the state of Florida.
- Pablo and Alba share a passionate kiss while tangoing at The Marbella, to the song that played when they met, requested by Pablo.
- Petra is nervous about being a mother and keeps her distance from the twins, until Rafael assuages with a bonding evening with the girls, telling Petra she will be fine.
- Derek stayed on his boat after he found out about Mutter and contemplated whether she killed his father.
- The full story of the flower is revealed, as Alba & Pablo made love in her parents' garden.