|Air date||1 February 2016|
|Written by||Micah Schraft|
|Directed by||Jason Reilly|
FAMILY TIES – In the middle of the night, Jane (Gina Rodriguez) gets a burst of creative energy and starts her thesis. Unfortunately, Mateo spills orange juice all over her computer causing it to crash and Jane loses all her hard work. When Jane brings her computer to be fixed, she meets Dax (guest star Diego Boneta) and with the urging of her friend Lina (guest star Diane Guerrero), Jane considers dating again. Rogelio (Jaime Camil) decides to have his mother Liliana (guest star Rita Moreno) become his manager, but soon realizes that was not the best decision. When Rafael (Justin Baldoni) comes to after being attacked by his mother now known to be the crime lord Mutter, he goes to Michael (Brett Dier) and tells him what Mutter is looking for.
- Gina Rodriguez as Jane Villanueva
- Andrea Navedo as Xiomara Villanueva
- Yael Grobglas as Petra Solano
- Justin Baldoni as Rafael Solano
- Ivonne Coll as Alba Villanueva
- Brett Dier as Michael Cordero
- Jaime Camil as Rogelio De La Vega
- and Anthony Mendez as The Narrator
- Azie Tesfai as Nadine Hanson
- Diane Guerrero as Lina Santillan
- Montse Hernandez as Jane Villanueva
- Adam Rodriguez as Jonathan Chavez
- Megan Ketch as Susanna Barnett
- Rita Moreno as Liliana De La Vega
- Castulo Guerra as Manuel De La Vega
- Jorge Diaz as J.D. Guzman
- Greg Collins as Armstrong
- Diego Boneta as Dax
- Angie Cepeda as Adriana Chavando
- Jose Moreno Brooks as Greg
- Bret Green as Brad
- “He wants to set up your 'cloud'”
- —Lina to Jane
- “Her death is on me”
- —Michael about Nadine
- “You've always been serious, you were gonna marry your first great boyfriend”
- —Xo to Jane
- “You're a relationship person”
- —Xo to Jane
- Rafael – My mother's a monster
- Petra – But you're not
- Rogelio's personal theme song (and ringtone) was created by his mother.
- Rogelio had to promise Adriana Chavando an extra long close-up so that she would not resign.
- Rogelio fires Liliana from his new show.
- Rogelio's new show is called Tiago a Través del Tiempo.
- Rafael and Petra choose the names for the twins.
- The chip with the names of all the criminals Sin Rostro has worked with Nadine put into Michael's leg wound.
- Michael seems haunted by the notion that he is responsible for Nadine's death.
- Alba implies that she regrets not having any relationships after her husband's death and realises she might be ready to find love.
- Manuel's love is called Carlos and they are planning on moving in together
- Pablo Alonso Segura
- Jane overhears Liliana telling Rogelio to marry Xiomara.
- Jane has a hot dream about Professor Chavez.
- It was not Hemingway's wife who lost the manuscript.
Notes and references