|Air date||1 February 2016|
|Written by||Micah Schraft|
|Directed by||Jason Reilly|
- Rafael – So I wanted to talk to you away from your partner. Cause we probably broke some laws trying to get Mateo back
- Michael – You didn't. I did
- ―Working together
FAMILY TIES – In the middle of the night, Jane (Gina Rodriguez) gets a burst of creative energy and starts her thesis. Unfortunately, Mateo spills orange juice all over her computer causing it to crash and Jane loses all her hard work. When Jane brings her computer to be fixed, she meets Dax (guest star Diego Boneta) and with the urging of her friend Lina (guest star Diane Guerrero), Jane considers dating again. Rogelio (Jaime Camil) decides to have his mother Liliana (guest star Rita Moreno) become his manager, but soon realizes that was not the best decision. When Rafael (Justin Baldoni) comes to after being attacked by his mother now known to be the crime lord Mutter, he goes to Michael (Brett Dier) and tells him what Mutter is looking for.
- Gina Rodriguez as Jane Villanueva
- Andrea Navedo as Xiomara Villanueva
- Yael Grobglas as Petra
- Justin Baldoni as Rafael Solano
- Ivonne Coll as Alba Villanueva
- Brett Dier as Michael Cordero
- and Jaime Camil as Rogelio De La Vega
- Adam Rodriguez as Jonathan Chavez
- Castulo Guerra as Manuel De La Vega
- Diego Boneta as Dax
- Jose Moreno Brooks as Greg
- Jorge Diaz as J.D. Guzman
- Angie Cepeda as Adriana Chavando
- and Rita Moreno as Liliana De La Vega
- Montse Hernandez as Teen Jane
- Aiden Lewandowski as Young Rogelio
- Greg Collins as Armstrong
- Bret Green as Brad
- “He wants to set up your 'sweet cloud'”
- —Lina to Jane
- “Her death is on me”
- —Michael about Nadine
- “You've always been serious, I mean, you were gonna marry your first great boyfriend”
- —Xo to Jane
- “You're a relationship person”
- —Xo to Jane
- Rafael – My mother's a monster
- Petra – But you're not
- Petra experiences bleeding and is put on bed rest for the remainder of her pregnancy. She is scared that she will lose the twins like she lost her son
- Rafael and Petra get closer and choose the names for the twins.
- Alba implies that she regrets not having any relationships after her husband's death and realises she might be ready to find love.
- Manuel's love is called Carlos and they are planning on moving in together
- Rogelio's personal theme song (and ringtone) was created by his mother. Rogelio fires Liliana from his new show, which is called Tiago a Través del Tiempo.
- Carlos credits Liliana with Rogelio's career
- Michael seems haunted by the notion that he is responsible for Nadine's death.
- The chip with the names of all the criminals Sin Rostro has worked with Nadine put into Michael's leg wound.
- Pablo Alonso Segura
- Jane overhears Liliana telling Rogelio to marry Xiomara.
- Jane has a hot dream about Professor Chavez.
- It was not Hemingway's wife who lost the manuscript.
Notes and references