“Mothers don't always have to be strong”— Xiomara
|Air date||October 12, 2015|
|Written by||Jennie Snyder Urman|
|Directed by||Brad Silberling|
FINDING MATEO – After Jane (Gina Rodriguez) discovers Mateo’s abduction, chaos ensues, especially when they all learn Sin Rostro is involved and demanding a ransom. Trying to help, Rogelio (Jaime Camil) tweets about Mateo’s kidnapping making the Villanueva family targets of the paparazzi. Despite everything that has happened, Jane must also focus on motherhood and turns to Xo (Andrea Navedo) and Alba (Ivonne Coll) for help, leaving Rafael (Justin Baldoni) feeling left out. Meanwhile, Petra (Yael Grobglas) is conflicted with what to do with Rafael’s remaining sperm sample.
- Gina Rodriguez as Jane Villanueva
- Andrea Navedo as Xiomara Villanueva
- Yael Grobglas as Petra Solano
- Justin Baldoni as Rafael Solano
- Ivonne Coll as Alba Villanueva
- Brett Dier as Michael Cordero
- Jaime Camil as Rogelio De La Vega
- and Anthony Mendez as The Narrator
- Yara Martinez as Luisa Alver
- Bridget Regan as Rose
- Azie Tesfai as Nadine Hanson
- Priscilla Barnes as Magda
- Jenna Ortega as Young Jane
- Wes Armstrong as Scott Archuletta
- Vanessa Vander Pluym as Jordan
- Veronica Merrell as Victoria
- Vanessa Merrell as Valeria
- Greg Collins as Armstrong
- Leslie Simms as Sister Margaret
- Willow Geer as Sister Theresa
- Emily Baldoni as Mommy Circle mother
- Robert Clendenin as Bar Patron
- Nicole J. Butler as Gabrielle
- Jamila Webb as Nora
- Michael Hyland as Ben
- Kelly King as Crystal
- I trust him. Please
- – Jane to Rafael about Michael
- Okay, first of all she's not a psycopath – she's a sociopath
- – Luisa to Jordan
- Aw! He's a mench too!
- – The Narrator about Rafael
- It's really over. And I don't want it to be
- – Petra about Rafael
- Rafael: Do the police even do that, do they make trades
- Michael: It doesn't matter, this can't be official
- The Villanuevas watched a telenovela called Los Milagros de Mariana when Jane was 11.
- Xo tells Alba and Jane that she married Rogelio in Vegas.
- Michael winds up the go-to-guy for helping men be a part of the Villanueva family unit. He helps both Rafael and Rogelio.
- Jane and Rafael get Mateo back.
- Jane invites Rafael to live at the Villanueva house for a few weeks so he can be around Mateo.
- Rogelio's preferred abuelo name is: Papa.
- Mateo was gone 142 minutes.
- At 16, Mateo is nearly 2 hours late for his curfew.
- Luisa's girlfriend Jordan breaks up with her.
- The Villanuevas's neighbour Crystal makes her first on-screen appearance.
- The lactation class is called Milky Mommy Nursing Circle.
- Monks are chanting for Mateo – The Supposed Second Coming.
- Petra inseminates herself with Rafael's sample.
- The pin that Luisa took from Rose in Chapter Thirteen is a flash containing the names of all Sin Rostro associates.
- Some crazy Swiss lady is after 'her' – guesstimation points to Jane, as the Swiss lady is looking at an article about Mateo's safe return.
- Scott knows about Rafael's sample.